Certum is granting open-source developers free code signing certificates. I have applied, and got a certificate in less than a day.
I’ve signed most executables I have released on files.thecybershadow.net, and plan to sign those I release in the future, especially for programs that need to run elevated (such as TrimCheck). Continue reading
I switched the blog to a new theme today.
The old theme was a fixed-background modification of Sam‘s Pixel theme.
The new theme is a minimalistic child-theme modification of the standard WordPress twentytwelve theme.
I got tired of pesky referrer spambots junking up my logs, so I decided to find a way to get rid of them. Turns out, almost all referrer spam on my blog is generated with a small number of User-Agents:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; MS-RTC LM 8)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.104.22.168 Safari/532.2
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; en) Opera 8.50
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
Opera/9.64(Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Presto/2.1.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; it-IT; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2008092313 Ubuntu/9.25 (jaunty) Firefox/3.8
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/2009082707 Firefox/3.0.14 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
All of these refer to outdated browsers, very rare configurations (the ones with non-English language codes), and genuinely fake UA strings.
We’ve launched the Worms Armageddon Beta Update Develeopment Blog. Visit it to get the latest news about W:A development.
I love fixed backgrounds. So, I made a version of Sam‘s Pixel theme with a fixed background (which you can see on the blog already). It even supports IE6 (well, almost) – thanks, ie7-js!
Note: I re-exported the background from the original PSD as a PNG, since it’s too beautiful to be degraded by JPEG compression artifacts. The PNG is about 350kb in size – so, if that bothers you, convert it to JPEG and edit style.css accordingly.
I’m not much of a blogging person, but I suppose that having some way of logging updates to my website would be nice. I’ll also be posting solutions to little problems I encounter, for the benefit of anyone having the same problems and using a search engine.